The Face

I was born in a prison cell
And I've been there all my life
I'm alone except for my shadow
That mocks me in the candlelight

There's a window in this prison cell
Made from translucent glass
I watch from my window
I watch dark figures pass

There's a face in my window
But I could never tell
Whether it was my hero
Or if it's the keeper of this cell

Today I realized
I saw through its disguise
That the face was actually both
I saw it in its cold distant eyes

The face is the one who keeps me captive
And the hero who saved me
It kept me safe from the evils of life
Now I finally see

The face is the truth
And also the lie
The face is me, my reflection
And this cell is where I'll die

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A really gd poem i must say :P A story was said in a different way. Oh and btw rhyming poetry makes is nicer to read. That's why i liked this one the best.